The Deal Magazine’s Guide to Corporate Governance provides a great introduction to the subject, divided into bite-sized segments.
- What Berle and Means have wrought – “a complete guide to the corporate governance complex of attorneys, dealmakers, academics, judges and politicians.”
- Attorneys – Here the focus is on Ira Millstein and Marty Lipton at the opposite ends of the spectrum.
- Academia – Harvard University’s Lucian Bebchuk often spars with Stanford University’s Joseph Grundfest.
- Hedge Funds – Carl Icahn, T. Boone Pickens, Ralph Whitworth.
- Pension Funds – CalPERS, CalSTRS, TIAA-Cref
- The Law – Leo Strine, Mary Schapiro, Barney Frank, RiskMetrics