Q4 Web Systems, which provides content management software and tools for IR and corporate websites, has compiled a free compendium of best practices from a wide range of companies around the world as a resource for IR departments seeking to improve their online presence.
Unlike what you typically get from a vendor whitepaper, Q4’s best practices report doesn’t highlight examples only from its own clients. The report’s author, Sheryl Joyce, has looked far afield to find exemplars.
Companies mentioned include General Electric, HP, The Coca-Cola Company, Royal Dutch Shell, Danske Bank, PotashCorp, Femsa, Cameco, BASF, Aviva plc, and Q4 clients like Agnico-Eagle and TVI Pacific, to name few.
The report is divided into six sections, each containing recommended best practices supported by screenshots and links to live example sites:
- Make investor content easy to access;
- Convey a compelling investment proposition;
- Provide content in formats that engage visitors;
- Be accessible and offer multiple way to stay connected;
- Offer investor tools and package useful information; and,
- Highlight social media channels and embed multimedia content.