Board/Shareholder engagement is a topic receiving increased attention in the US. Many governance organizations and experts have been discussing this topic in an attempt to highlight the issues and challenges that have been expressed by the various constituencies including the directors, institutional shareholders (both US and global), activist shareholders, corporate management, regulators, lawyers, etc. While the constituencies do not always agree on the potential solutions, the time is ripe for a continuing and fruitful dialogue.
The Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance is holding a program on October 11thfrom 9:30 to 11:30, University of Delaware Campus, Gore Recital Hall in the Roselle Center for the Arts, which includes a panel of experts to attempt to find the most workable solutions. The panel information is provided below:
- Donna Anderson, Vice President and Corporate Governance Specialist, T. Rowe Price
- Glenn Booraem, Principal at Vanguard and Controller, Vanguard Funds
- Peter Gleason, Managing Director and CFO, National Association of Corporate Directors
- Deborah Gilshan, Corporate Governance Counsel, Railpen Investments
- Jeremy Goldstein, Partner, Executive Compensation & Benefits, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Jon Hanson, Founder and Chairman, The Hampshire Companies (Director HealthSouth, Inc., Prudential Financial Inc. et. al.)
- Catherine Jackson, Corporate Governance Advisor, PGGM Investments
- Floyd Norris, Journalist, New York Times
- The Honorable Henry Ridgely, Justice, Supreme Court of Delaware
- Sarah Teslik, Senior Vice President Policy and Governance, Apache Corporation
- Marc Rome, Vice President for Corporate Governance, Chesapeake Energy Corp.
Moderator: Professor Charles M. Elson, Director of the Weinberg Center and the Edgar S. Woolard, Jr., Chair of Corporate Governance.
As space is limited, all those wishing to attend should RSVP to Louisa Cresson at [email protected] to register by no later than Wednesday, October 3, 2012. After you register you will receive materials in advance of the panel.