The John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance at the Lerner College of Business & Economics at the University of Delaware is announced a new Advisory Board for the Center. Charles Elson, Director of the Center and Edgar S. Woolard, Jr., Chair of Corporate Governance, said
The Center has been fortunate to have a strong Advisory Board since its founding and we thank our former Advisory Board members for their support and many contributions. As the Center enters the second decade of its existence, it is focused on maintaining the momentum it has already attained in the corporate governance field and increasing that impact over time. Our Board is reflective of the many constituencies that are involved in the governance area. We are delighted that we will be working with an Advisory Board comprised of some of the preeminent experts and leaders in the corporate governance field. We are especially pleased that Bill Chandler, the former Chancellor of the Delaware Court of Chancery, and who is currently a partner with Wilson, Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati has agreed to chair our Board.
Ann Mulé, Associate Director of the Center, said
We are working on an exciting Strategic Plan for the Center to accomplish its mission and goals and look forward to the advice and ongoing engagement of our Advisory Board.
It reads like a Who’s Who of the corporate governance industrial complex. The members of the Advisory Board and their affiliations follow:
- William Chandler, III, Chair, Partner, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati (Former Chancellor, DE Court of Chancery)
- Ashley Altschuler, Securities Litigation Partner Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- Mary Ellen Andersen, Vice President of Corporate & Institutional Relations and Corporate Governance Officer, Broadridge Financial Solutions
- Donna Anderson, Vice President and Global Corporate Governance Analyst, T. Rowe Price
- Edward Labaton, Partner, Labaton Sucharow LLP
- William Lafferty, Partner, Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell LLP
- Peter Langerman, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Franklin Mutual Advisors, LLC
- William Lauder, Executive Chairman, The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
- Lydia Beebe, Corporate Secretary and Chief Governance Officer Chevron Corporation
- Richard Bennett, Chairman GMI Ratings
- Kenneth Bertsch, CEO and President, Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals
- Rolin Bissell, Partner, Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor, LLP
- Catherine Bromilow, Partner PwC
- David Brown, Partner, Alston & Bird LLP
- Peter Clapman, Chairman, Governance for Owners USA Inc.
- Kenneth Daly, President and CEO, National Association of Corporate Directors
- Julie Daum, Partner and Co-Practice Leader, North American Board & CEO Practice Spencer Stuart
- Jay Eisenhofer, Managing Director Grant & Eisenhofer P.A.
- Richard Ferlauto, Advisory Board Member
- Margaret Foran, Chief Governance Officer, Vice President and Corporate Secretary, Prudential Financial, Inc.
- Anne Foster, Director, Richards, Layton & Finger
- Scott Goebel, Senior Vice President and General Counsel Fidelity Management & Research Company
- Stuart Grant, Managing Director Grant & Eisenhofer P.A.
- David Martin, Partner, Covington & Burling LLP
- Robert McCormick, Chief Policy Officer Glass Lewis
- Patrick McGurn, Executive Director and Special Counsel Institutional Shareholder Services Inc.
- Indra Nooyi, Chairman and CEO PepsiCo
- Morris Offit, Chairman Offit Capital
- John Olson, Partner, Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Robert Rock, Chairman and Publisher Directors & Boards
- Allie Monaco Rutherford, Associate Director, Corporate Governance Group Ernst & Young, LLP
- Thomas Sager, Senior Vice President and General Counsel DuPont
- Nicole Sanford, Partner Deloitte LLP
- Anne Sheehan, Director of Corporate Governance CalSTRS
- The Honorable Myron Steele, Chief Justice, Supreme Court, Delaware
- The Honorable Leo Strine, Jr., Chancellor Court of Chancery
- Andrea Tinianow, Vice President Business Development and Assistant General Counsel, Corporation Service Company
- Karen Valihura, Partner Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- John Grossbauer, Partner, Potter Anderson & Corroon LLP
- Anthony Horan, Corporate Secretary JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Bess Joffe, Vice President, Investor Relations Goldman Sachs
- Cynthia Kane, Special Assistant to the Secretary of State State of Delaware
- David Katz, Partner, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Carol Ward, Vice President & Corporate Secretary Mondelēz International, Inc.
- Paul Washington, Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Time Warner Inc.
- John White, Partner, Corporate Department & Co-Chair of Corporate Governance & Board Advisory, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Ralph Whitworth, Founder, Principal and Investment Committee Member Relational Investors LLC
- Ann Yerger, Executive Director, Council of Institutional Investors
I’m still available to any corporate governance center that wants an advisor more focused on retail investors and the power of social media. Still, what a great Board! I wish I lived closer, so I could have more easily attended several of this year’s events. I’ve added a link to their upcoming events page to our Conferences and Events page under the heading Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance.
Comments are closed.