As a member of Glass Lewis’ Environmental, Social & Governance Proxy Paper research team, you will analyze company filings, summarize their proposals, and offer voting recommendations to our clients–some of which include the world’s largest institutional investors. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the intricacies of the corporate structure, to research publicly-traded companies and how they are affected by sustainability-related issues and to work at the forefront of the emerging environmental, social & governance field. This will be a particularly valuable experience for those wishing to pursue careers or graduate study in law, business, and public policy, among others.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume (.pdf) with your cover letter. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. Apply though Linkedin.
Please Note: Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. Glass Lewis does not provide assistance in obtaining work permits.
This is a full-time, entry-level seasonal position based in Glass Lewis’ San Francisco office. Employment is expected to begin in February/March 2014, and continue through late May or mid June 2014. The company will provide an introductory training session to acquaint analysts with the firm’s standards of research.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent English writing skills
- Strong analytical writing and research skills (emphasis on qualitative analysis)
- Ability to comprehend and summarize complex subjects
- Ability to process information quickly and accurately
- Must work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Experience using MS Office suite and internet research tools
- Genuine interest in or knowledge of environmental & social issues, economics, finance, political science, public policy, corporate law and governance is helpful
Glass, Lewis & Co. is a leading investment research and global proxy advisory and voting services firm, serving institutions that collectively manage more than $17 trillion. Glass Lewis helps institutional investors make more informed investment and proxy voting decisions by identifying business, legal, governance and financial statement risk at more than 23,000 companies worldwide. Founded in 2003, Glass Lewis is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Sydney, and Ireland.
Comments are closed.