Want to nominate an individual or company for the seventh annual Corporate Governance Award, whether it’s you, your colleague or your client? To nominate, simply:
- Fill in our form on the Corporate Secretary site and click submit
- Supply an executive summary or supporting material
- Cross your fingers and await the shortlist announcement in September!
Deadline to enter: July 18, 2014
Phone inquiries: +1 212 430 6869
Who is Eligible for Corporate Governance Awards?
The seventh annual Corporate Governance Awards are open to all corporate secretaries, general counsel, governance officers and compliance officers at any company listed and domiciled in the US. The ‘international’ category is open to any publicly traded non-US company. The awards will be presented at a gala celebration at Gotham Hall in New York City on November 5, 2014.
Who Nominate People to Win Corporate Governance Awards?
Entries can be submitted directly by the individuals or companies being nominated, or they can be submitted on their behalf by outside law firms, vendors or other service providers. Alternatively, anyone may nominate an individual or company and Corporate Secretary will endeavor to obtain supporting materials from the nominee.
Judging the Corporate Governance Award Nominees
The Corporate Governance Awards are judged by a panel of governance and compliance experts from all parts of the governance arena. Last year’s judges included:
- Roel Campos, partner, Locke Lord and former SEC commissioner
- Charles Elson, chair, John Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance, University of Delaware
- Steven Shapiro, corporate partner, Pircher, Nichols & Meeks
- David Smith, former chairman, Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals
- Carol Strickland, chief administrative officer and corporate secretary, EverPower Wind Holdings
- Norman Veasey, senior partner, Weil Gotshal & Manges and former chief justice of Delaware
All work submitted must have been undertaken within the US or, in the case of overseas work, have been initiated or co-ordinated in the US (except for the ‘international’ category).
The small to mid-cap category is for companies with a market cap under $10 billion. The large-cap category is for companies with a market cap of more than $10 billion.
Please note: all submissions must relate to work carried out in the period July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014.
Please submit the following:
- Your name and contact information
- The name of the individual or company being nominated (if different from the above) and your business relationship
- Category or categories entered
- Executive summary
The judges will be looking for demonstrable and qualitative results. In an executive summary approximately one to three pages in length, please give an outline of the reasons the individual or company should be considered in each of the categories entered, a summary of the relevant activities the nominee has undertaken in the past year, and descriptions of the relevant circumstances, objectives, outcomes and timeframes. Other elements – such as cost-effectiveness, impact on company, involvement of outside counsel, vendors or consultants and creativity of approach – are optional.
- Supporting materials
Supporting materials may include written documents such as a proxy statement, annual report, sustainability report, web page, or other external or internal communications. They may also take the form of web links, photographs or video. If possible, provide names and contact details for people who may be able to comment on the nomination, whether internal stakeholders or third parties such as outside counsel, advisors or external stakeholders.
All entries should be sent by email to David Bogoslaw or by mail to Corporate Secretary, attn: David Bogoslaw, 65 Broadway, Suite 605, New York, NY 10006. All information will be treated as confidential and will not be used for any purpose other than judging the awards. All materials will be returned to the applicant or destroyed, as requested.
The deadline for entries is July 18, 2014. Use THIS form.
Comments are closed.