Help Wanted ICGN – Job Description
The Senior Policy Advisor will be responsible for advising/supporting the Managing Director and the International Corporate Governance Network (ICGN) Board on key policy issues which includes:
- Pro-actively engaging with public policy and regulatory entities, along with other key stakeholders to promote ICGN’s initiatives, expertise and priorities
- Contributing to the work of ICGN policy committees and, in support of that, building and maintaining relationships with the chairs of each committee and ensuring co-ordination of ICGN policy priorities
- Ensuring the integrity and quality of ICGN policy-related publications including comment letters, guidance documents and Yearbook
- Representing the ICGN at external events and advising on the technical and policy content development of ICGN annual and regional conference programmes, as well as ESG course content
- Engaging with ICGN members to ensure that policy positions and priorities draw on their expertise and experience; and
- Other related duties as assigned by the ICGN Managing Director.
The Senior Policy Advisor will report to, and work alongside, the ICGN Managing Director.
Help Wanted ICGN – Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have a proven interest in corporate governance and sustainability issues and the policy framework through which they are shaped at both a company and market level. He or she will also have a strong understanding of international governance and investment practice and have:
- A proven track record in governance and/or related fields, that demonstrates a depth and breadth of knowledge of international practice and policy
- Recognition and credibility as a governance thought leader, capable of advancing ICGN’s intellectual leadership along a wide range of governance issues—through policy statements, consultation submissions, public speaking and media outreach
- Around 15-25 years senior level professional experience, ideally gained at an investment institution or a regulatory, government, or industry body relevant to financial markets
- A relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification. A post-graduate professional qualification in corporate law, finance, business management, investment or accounting is an advantage
NB: If interested in this position, please send your covering letter and CV directly to Shazia Parviez by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The ICGN is an investor-led organisation of governance professionals established in 1995 with members who represent assets under management in excess of US$18 trillion. ICGN’s mission is to inspire and promote effective standards of corporate governance to advance efficient markets world-wide. We achieve this through:
- Influencing policy by providing a reliable source of practical knowledge and experiences on corporate governance issues;
- Connecting peers and facilitating cross-border communication among a broad constituency of market participants at international conferences and events; and
- Informing dialogue amongst corporate governance professionals through the publication of policies and principles, exchange of knowledge and advancement of education world-wide.
Over the past five years the ICGN has experienced significant membership growth and influence amongst global governance professionals and now looks to further build on this success by enhancing the policy capacity of the ICGN Secretariat team.