The Associate of Chartered Institute of Secretaries (ACIS) and the University of Ulster offer this course involving leading to an MSc Management and Corporate Governance through a face-to-face program to help you achieve a demanding professional and academic qualifications. Students work towards an academic qualification and Graduate Member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (GRAD ICSA) leading to professional membership.
Graduates go on to work for organizations such as Deloitte, KPMG, Eversheds, Citi and PWC. Such is the demand for students who are qualified in management and corporate governance over the past few years that over 90% of successful students have gained graduate level jobs.
To qualify to become an ACIS and full member of the Institute, you must be able to demonstrate a minimum of six years relevant professional experience.
MSc Management and Corporate Governance
The course equips you for a career in professional services through the development of:
- Transferable intellectual skills necessary for senior management roles;
- Application of corporate governance to the organisation;
- Management of the finances of the organisation; and<
- Management of the legal environment of the organisation
Benefits for You of MSc Management and Corporate Governance
- GradICSA plus a Postgraduate Diploma or Masters Degree
- Teaching in all subjects by University of Ulster teachers.
- Lecturers who are expert in teaching graduates from any degree background.
- Joined up delivery and assessment methods.
- Coursework that is relevant to your work.
- Feedback on progress through coursework.
- The opportunity to interact with students in roles similar to you.
Benefits to Employers of MSc Management and Corporate Governance
- High quality development for valued staff.
- Graduate status of ICSA in 20 months for successful participants.
- Study periods outside heavy workload periods.
- Success recognised by the Postgraduate Diploma as well as GradICSA.
- Feedback of students’ progress through coursework and assignments.
- Contact with Course Director and team.
- Quality teaching as recognized by the maximum score of 24 in UK university quality assessment.
- Efficient use of study time with structured teaching.
- Pass rates of over 95%
ICSA is the professional body for Chartered Secretaries. Chartered Secretaries are professionals qualified in company law, accounting, corporate governance, administration, company secretarial practice and management. They are trained to chart a course through regulation, legislation and best practice, and to deliver effective operations. Chartered Secretaries work as company secretaries and in other senior positions in companies, charities, local government, educational institutions and trade bodies. The Institute has 36,000 Members and Students in over 70 countries. Further information is available at icsa.org.uk
I found it interesting to have students pitching the program on YouTube.