The role of VCs on private boards and their boardroom role in the IPO process are the stuff of Silicon Valley legend. The real story of VCs in boardrooms — when they first take a seat at the table to when they eventually leave the room — needs to be told. We’ll help set the record straight with this engaging look into boardroom dynamics.
I was sorry to miss this November 20 program but am happy to post this wrap up interview interview with Stacey Bishop, Partner, Scale Venture Partners, hosted by Hosted by Stuart Newton, Business Development Leader, Deloitte Services, LLP. View the video podcast now.
DIRECTORS’ COLLEGE 2015, June 21-23, 2015
Directors’ College at Stanford University is the nation’s premier executive education program for directors and senior executives of publicly traded firms. Now in its twenty-first year, Directors’ College brings together leading CEOs, directors, regulators, jurists, and scholars for a rigorous and balanced examination of corporate governance, strategy, and compliance. Register.
Anticipated Plenary and Intensive Sessions will include:
- CEO Succession: Hiring and Firing
- Crisis Anticipation and Management
- Cybersecurity and the Board
- M&A: Strategic and Financial Perspectives
- Risk and Audit Committee(s)
- Shareholder Activism
- Understanding the Current Global Economy
Plus at least 12 different Breakout Sessions, including:
- Accounting and Audit Matters
- Big Data: Strategies for Directors
- Building a Better Board: Diversity and Beyond
- Corporate Governance and Proxy Trends
- Green Strategies and the Board
- Indemnification and D&O Insurance