I saw this job opening for a corporate governance analyst at TIAA-Cref and thought I should post it, since I would apply for it myself if I were a few decades younger. Please let me know if you see it here and end up getting the job. That would be amazing!
Job ID: v1702132
Job Title: Corporate Governance Analyst
Location: New York, NY US
Posted On: 1-20-2015
Job Type: Full Time
Corporate Governance Analyst Job Description
For more information about TIAA-CREF, visit TIAA-Cref’s website.
TIAA-CREF desires to find an analyst to join its Corporate Governance team. The Corporate Governance team works to enhance the environmental, social and governance risk management practices of more than 9,700 companies held within TIAA-CREF’s investment portfolios, with the objectives of increasing shareholder value and improving long-term performance of targeted companies, as well as protecting against downside risk.
The Corporate Governance team participates in a variety of activities, including active ownership, public advocacy, thought leadership and proxy voting consistent with our commitment to best practices and value enhancement. The team’s public advocacy and thought leadership efforts include regular dialogue with public policymakers and regulators and participation in industry and academic conferences. The team also partners with internal colleagues on various initiatives including Responsible Investment, business pitches and RFPs which touch on the enterprise’s corporate governance capabilities.
Corporate Governance Analyst Responsibilities
- Proxy voting
- Engagement with companies
- Research & analysis on environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) issues
- Writing research reports, board memos
- Contributing to the team’s strategic efforts around thought leadership
Corporate Governance Analyst Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- At least one year of experience in Environmental Social Governance work is required, three plus years preferred.
- Ability to read and analyze financial statements is required.
- Excel experience is required, quantitative modeling experience is preferred.
- Must understand the role we play as an asset manager and representative of asset owners.
- Strong, clear writing skills, the ability to distill detailed and potentially complicated issues into clear, concise communications.
- Experience managing projects.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law. If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Comments are closed.