Research Associate opening at the prestigious and influential Conference Board. Work on corporate governance leadership issues with Douglas K. Chia, Judy McLevey and Matteo Tonello. There aren’t many opportunities like this in the corporate governance industrial complex.
Research Associate: Position Summary
Conducts research projects developed within The Conference Board’s Corporate Leadership program, focusing on issues of corporate governance and on meeting the needs of members of The Conference Board Governance Center. Presents research findings to business audiences, and acts as an interface in the area of expertise with members of The Conference Board and The Conference Board Governance Center.
Research Associate: Reporting Relationship
The research associate reports to the Vice President, Head of Corporate Leadership Practice but focuses on subject matters and products requested by the Governance Center as the primary interest and need of Governance Center members. Center staff.
Research Associate: Principal Direct Activities
- Conducts multiple knowledge products (including seminal reports as well as more practical informational resources) on issues of corporate governance. Assumes direct responsibility for each phase of the project (design, execution, and writing) under the oversight of the Practice Lead.
- Identify trends and emerging issues by conducting literature searches, data-gathering activities (e.g. interviews, focus groups and survey instruments) and data analysis, using appropriate quantitative or qualitative techniques. Draws objective findings and conclusions within the limits of the research design.
- Collaborates with The Conference Board Governance Center’s Executive Director and other Center staff in the organization of Center events and programs. Participates in the presentation of research findings to business and professional audiences, and acts as an interface in the area of expertise with members of The Conference Board and The Conference Board Governance Center.
- Collaborates with the editorial and production department in the timely production of research manuscripts, and gains necessary clearances.
- Collaborates with the communications department in designing and executing communications plans (including via social media) for research projects in development.
- Collaborates with The Conference Board Business Information Service (BIS) in timely addressing requests from members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Research Associate: Desired Qualification and Requirements:
- A graduate degree in law, finance, or business administration is preferred.
- Prospective candidates should demonstrate extensive exposure to corporate governance matters, either in their educational profile or their professional experience.
- In addition, the position requires strong analytical, writing, and editorial skills as well as the ability to interact effectively with business leaders and senior professionals.
- Presentation skills and public speaking experience are desirable. Minimal travel may be needed.
- Three writing samples and a list of prior publications MUST be submitted with the application.
Research Associate: Contact
Please submit your application for the research associate position by email only, in English, with Resume and Cover Letter to Doreen.Massaroni@conference-board.org.