Digital Strategies Fellow sought by As You Sow to assist the Director of Digital Strategies with research, data analysis, project management, and outreach to stakeholders.
This position is a unique opportunity to merge technical and programmatic skills. You will be part of a team developing web tools and data-driven approaches to financial transparency and environmental and social issues, including climate change. Help us identify problems, seek out and analyze data, make it available to the public over the web, and coordinate with stakeholders around the world to spread the word.
Through this fellowship, you will gain insight into nonprofit work environments, shareholder advocacy, corporate responsibility, and As You Sow’s program, development, and communications activities.
Digital Strategies Fellow: Responsibilities
- Research corporate profiles and policies, including research on SEC and other legal filings
- Perform basic statistical analysis on large datasets
- Research environmental regulations, scientific publications, research reports, news, etc
- Draft and produce project outreach materials
- Coordinate with project stakeholders
- Undertake other projects/tasks as they arise
Digital Strategies Fellow: Qualifications
- Current graduate or undergraduate student
- Resourceful, efficient researcher
- Background and interest in environmental and social issues
- Excellent research, analysis, writing, and communication skills
- Comfortable reviewing reports and sifting through detailed information
- Detail oriented
- Organized, good time management, strong follow through
- Upbeat attitude, persistent/determined.
- Independent worker, self-directed, proactively asks clarifying questions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Python, especially for statistical analysis, is a strong plus
Digital Strategies Fellow: Status
- 6 months, from July 2016 through Dec 2016
- 40 hours/week commitment
- $15/hour compensation
Digital Strategies Fellow: Location
As You Sow’s Oakland offices at 1611 Telegraph Ave., Suite 1450, Oakland, CA (easily accessible from 19th St. and 12th St. City Center BART stops). For more information, click though to As You Sow.
Okay, the pay isn’t great but the experience looks to be on the cutting edge — a great opportunity for the right person.
Comments are closed.