Quick Tour for Sacramento AAII
Members of the Sacramento Chapter of the American Association of Individual Investors (AAII), Computer Investing Special Interest Group (SIG), wanted a quick tour of CorpGov.net. Happy to oblige.
Quick Tour: Right-Hand Column
- Search 25 years of posts by word or phrase.
- Subscribe – You’ll have to connect by social media or e-mail the “administrator” as instructed, since the orange RSS button does not work. One of many fixes needed.
- Don’t Miss – These are important announcements and events I plan to attend.
- About CorpGov.net.
- News – some Twitter hashtags I follow.
- Archives – 24 years, much of it by month.
- Categories – handy for finding book reviews, reports from events I have attended, etc.
- Blogroll – some of the blogs I read, loosely grouped by category
- Tag Cloud – If the word or phrase is large, I mention it a lot. Click the word or phrase to find posts on that topic.
Across the Top
- Education: Some of this material is dated. When the site was young and unique, people would send me links… not so much now and I have less time to review.
- Links+: Similarly, some of the material is dated. I refuse many off-topic links but welcome good links on corporate governance.
- CalPERS: Here are a few remnants of PERSWatch, which chronicled CalPERS news and commentary for many years.
- Disclosures: Mostly legal mumbo-jumbo but I do disclose my stock investments. I encourage readers to send ESG related tips on publicly-traded companies, especially the ones I own.
- Stakeholders: Primary reference groups… excellent publications/groups.
- About includes contact information and a little background.
- CorpGov Library – Reference section for libraries maintained by others, some of my papers, etc.
- Handbook – I recently moved this page out of the Library and I am working to make navigation through the Shareholder Action Handbook easier, while updating content.
Quick Tour: Content Examples
- Investing for Fiscal Stimulus, while preparing for coming recession
- Costco ESG Momentum: Right to Remove Directors: prior to inclusion in proxy.
- Mutual Fund Wars Over Fees AND Proxy Votes: Rulemaking petition to increase corporate accountability. Real-time reporting of proxy votes in machine readable format will drive competition among funds around how they vote proxies and will provide guidance to retail.
- McRitchie 2019 Proxy Season Win for Market Beta: Wins and losses.
- Petmed Express 2019 Proxy Guide – Typical walk through the reasons for my votes.
- Committee to Rescue Reeds files 13D – example of activism.