Papers and References on Corporate Governance
A collection of papers and references by CorpGov.net publisher, James McRitchie, and a few frequently cited in CorpGov.net. They are preserved here mostly so that I don’t have to chase them down.
- Ending the Wall Street Walk: Why Corporate Governance Now?, 1996.
- Universal Elements and Democratic Governance, Presented to the International Company Secretaries, Conference, November 23, 1998.
- Corporate Governance in the Internet Age Program to encourage foreign direct investment (FDI), sponsored by the State Department, Tokyo American Center and universities in South Korea, 5/19/2000.
- Strategic Choices in Shareholder Advocacy, A Corporate Governance Perspective, California Coalition for Investor Responsibility, 7/30/00
- CHR for Social Responsibility, authors Veronica Dahl, Bradley Coleman, J. Emilio Miralles, and Erez Maharshak propose a phone app that uses a simplified algorithm to deliver suggested proxy votes based on the user’s response to several questions, 2012 and still not implemented as far as I know.
- Post-Enron Observations on Corporate Governance, People’s Republic of China, on May 11, 2002.
- Making Corporate Governance Decisions that Work for Whom?, 6th International Conference on Corporate Governance (ICCG), London, 2005
- The Individual’s Role in Driving Corporate Governance, The Handbook of Board Governance: A Comprehensive Guide for Public, Private, and Not-For-Profit Board Members, 2016, First Edition.
- Exit vs. Voice by Eleonora Broccardo, Oliver Hart Harvard University, Luigi Zingales provide logical arguments that voice is more transformative.
Diversity Papers and References,
- Diversity Bibliography diversity-bibliography-Gorte (download in Word) from Julie Gorte of Pax World
- References on Board Gender Diversity (download in Word) from Laura F Spira BA(Econ) Ph.D. FCA, Emeritus Professor of Corporate Governance. Blog: So what does a professor do all day?
History of Rule 14a-8
Brown, J. Robert, Jr The Evolving Role of Rule 14a-8 in the Corporate Governance Process, 2016.
McRitchie, James Review: Carl Gershenson – Protecting Markets from Society, 2014.
McRitchie, James Shareholder Proposal Reform Rebutted, 2017.
Papers and References on Corporate Governance Maintained by Stanford University
collections of the scholarly papers global perspectives