Funds Announcing in Advance of Annual Meetings
A growing number of funds announce their proxy votes in advance of corporate meetings. In a petition, I urge the SEC to require this of all funds. (Rulemaking Petition for Real-Time Disclosure of Proxy Votes, SEC File 4-748, Jul. 9, 2019) Please add your support by following the instructions at the end of Mutual Fund Wars Over Fees AND Proxy Votes. These funds are not ashamed of how they voted.
- Those marked with * have been the most reliable so far in 2021.
- Australia’s Local Government Superannuation Scheme*
- BCI – British Columbia Investment Management Corporation
- Calvert* Research and Management- After typing the company’s name or ticker in the search box, click the +Expand button
- CBIS* (Christian Brothers Investment Services)
- CPPIB (Canada Pension Plan Investment Board)
- CalPERS (California Public Employees’ Retirement System) “notable votes” announced in advance
- CalSTRS (California State Teachers’ Retirement System)
- COPERA (Colorado)
- Domini Impact Investments
- Florida SBA Florida State Board of Administration
- Legal & General
- NEI Investments
- Neuberger Berman but only a select few announced in advance
- New York City Comptroller* After typing the company’s name or ticker in the search box, click the +Expand button listed under one of the sections to open the company vote results.
- Norges Bank* Reports 5 days prior to the shareholder meeting.
- OPERS (Ohio Public Employees Retirement System)
- OTPP (Ontario Teachers Pension Plan)
- Pax World
- TRS (Pre-disclosing by Teachers Retirement System of Texas appears to have ended for now.)
- Trillium Asset Management*
Research How Funds Voted: Proxy Democracy
Proxy Democracy used to aggregate votes announced in advance into a grid. Unfortunately, the site is in need of repair. I am hoping to help raise the funds to get it restarted under a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Want to help? Contact me.
Research How Funds Voted: Commercial Resources
The best source I have found for locating votes announced before annual meetings is Proxy Insight, a subscription service. If you really want to know who is voting how… or even who is likely to vote one way or another based on the historical record, Proxy Insight has the best data I have found.
She often works with Jon Hale, so search his name to find more of her research.