The following is unsolicited and unpaid, brought to readers in the spirit of public service and spreading news from the help wanted ads.
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer’s 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries.
If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the hundreds of job opportunities available through Mercer. Our core strengths place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary – and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
Mercer Investments is seeking a senior consultant to lead its Responsible Investment (RI) business in the United States. This person will be experienced in the fields of finance and Responsible Investment, and bring enthusiasm, leadership and industry knowledge to the position.
Senior Responsible Investment Consultant
- Build Mercer’s RI business, including developing and delivering tailored and structured investment consulting and delegated solutions
- Undertake research and investment consulting assignments using Mercer’s Framework for Sustainable Growth (see www.mercer.com/ri) across a range of RI topics (such as ESG integration, divestment/reinvestment, stewardship and engagement, thematic investing, stakeholder engagement)
- Conduct research into RI-specific investment management products and the extent to which mainstream US-based investment managers vote, engage and assess environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) considerations
- Help to build Mercer’s external profile in the US through participation at industry events and in the press
- Work with range of internal and external clients
Senior Responsible Investment Consultant: Qualifications
- Minimum five years’ experience in responsible investment with at least ten years’ experience in financial services, preferably fund management or investment consulting
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis skills (including strong technical competencies); Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charter holder preferred
- Strong knowledge of and experience with the US pension, investment and consulting industry, including personal network of contacts
- Highly developed writing, editing and communication skills; ability to present concepts with clarity to all levels
- Highly motivated with ability and experience in business development and delivery of first-rate consulting advice
- Ability to multi-task, manage resources and perform in a deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of professionalism
- Strong team player eager to help make growing business a success
- Capable of working effectively with colleagues and clients in remote locations
Apply online. The ideal location for the position is New York (Boston is also possible).
Comments are closed.