The Millstein Center for Corporate Governance and Performance at the Yale School of Management announced the recipients of its fourth annual Rising Star of Corporate Governance Award yesterday. This award recognizes global corporate governance professionals under the age of 40 who are making their mark as outstanding analysts, experts, directors, managers, or advocates. According to Ira M. Millstein, Senior Associate Dean for Corporate Governance at the Yale School of Management:
We have the privilege to recognize young and upcoming corporate governance professionals from around the world through this Rising Stars award. We are entering into a new era of corporate governance and this year’s honorees are among the next generation of leaders who will help define it.
The Rising Stars of Corporate Governance for 2011 are:
- Erik Breen, Head of Responsible Investing, Robeco (Neth)
- Paul DeNicola, Director, The Conference Board Corporate Governance Center (US)
- Theodore Dysart, Vice Chairman, Heidrick & Struggles (US)
- Alex Edmans, Assistant Professor of Finance, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (US)
- Keir Gumbs, Partner, Covington & Burling LLP (US)
- Catherine Howarth, Chief Executive, FairPensions (UK)
- Mostafa Hunter, Visiting Professor, Management Center Innsbruck (Egypt)
- Lisa Beth Lentini, Senior Corporate Counsel and Assistant Secretary, Best Buy Co., Inc. (US)
- Lucy P. Marcus, CEO, Marcus Venture Consulting, Ltd. and Non-Executive Board Director (UK)
- Arminta Saladziene, Chairman of the Management Board, NASDAQ OMX Vilnius and Chairman of the Board, Baltic Institute of Corporate Governance (Lithuania)
- Dr. Steve Waygood, Head of Sustainability Research and Engagement, Aviva Investors (UK)
The recipients were nominated by their peers and selected by a committee of leaders from the Millstein Center, the International Corporate Governance Network, the Open Compliance and Ethics Group, and Weil, Gotshal & Manges based on criteria such as past accomplishments and thought leadership, future projects and endeavors, reputation among existing industry leaders, and potential to influence the industry in the future.