Directors Forum 2018: Directors, Management & Shareholders in Dialogue brings together investors, directors and management to engage in open, off-the-record dialogue about today’s pressing governance issues. Speakers will put a spotlight on the escalating impact of “corporate culture” on business success.
Hosted by Corporate Directors Forum, Directors Forum 2018 will be held on January 21-23, 2018 at the University of San Diego. It is designed to encourage interaction between attendees and the nation’s leading corporate governance authorities.
Attendance at the event is limited to ensure maximum participation and provide quality networking opportunities.
According to CorpGov.net Publisher,
In my experience, it is one of the most intimate corporate governance conferences and is the best for bringing directors, managers and shareholders together. See my coverage of Directors Forum 2017. One of my favorite perennial panels is “Shareholder Hot Topics.” I see one of the panels will be led by Frank Partnoy, probably the best moderator in the business.
Keynote speakers for Directors Forum 2018 include:
- Joann Lublin, Pulitzer-Prize Winning Journalist & Management News Editor, The Wall Street Journal; Author, Earning It
- Bruce E. Aust, Vice Chairman, Nasdaq & President, Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center
- Sharon Garrett, Director, Ross Stores; former CIO, Walt Disney Co.; former EVP, American Medical Response
- William D. Jones, Director, Sempra Energy; former Director, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco; President, CEO & Director, CityLink Investment Corp. & City Scene Management Co.
Said Annalisa Barrett, conference co-chair:
Whatever your role – C-suite executive, investor, board member or other corporate governance professional – the Directors Forum 2018 conference will provide you with critical and timely insights from governance experts offering a framework for better decision-making.
Directors Forum 2018: Agenda
Aside from my perennial favorite, Shareholder Hot Topics, other plenary session on the agenda include
- The Culture Impact: Values, Attitudes & Strategic Directions
- Compensation: The Difference it Makes
- Board Composition and Succession: Getting it Right
- Culture: A Driving Force in Talent Management
- Transformation in the Exchanges: Its Influence on Capital Markets
- The Many Facets of Risk: Threats Posed by Internal Cultural Issues
Directors Forum 2018 (Twitter handle: @corpdirforum) is open to the public. Registration is $2,050 per person. Discount and sponsorship opportunities are also available. To register or inquire about discount and sponsorship opportunities, please call 858/455-7930. Register online. I look forward to meeting readers at the venue.
Corporate Directors Forum is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization found in 1991. Its purpose is to help directors and those who support them build more effective boards through continuous learning and peer networking. Corporate Directors Forum believes better directors make boards more effective, and more effective boards make better corporations.